Frank Connolly, head of the Victorian Public Service Continuing Improvement Network suggested we run a pilot of putting 10 people through my 8 week lifestyle program and release the results at the “Making the Workplace a Wellplace” presentation November 10th. Within 30 minutes of releasing the offer of participation 30 people had signed up!
In the program sustainable progress was encouraged. We tested their antioxidants before they commenced the program and after 8 weeks on the program. The program was based around realistic increased consumption of organic wholefoods, hydrating the body, walking, meditation, developing a life plan and limiting toxins going into the body. As part of the program a shopping tour of Macro Wholefoods in Bridge Road Richmond was undertaken, participants were invited to walks in the Botanical gardens, visits to local farmers markets and a newsletter with recipes, tips and information was sent out weekly.
Results of the pilot program with 30 people within the Victorian Public Service were released on Friday to the Continuing Improvement Network.
http://www.vpscin.org/ see comments posted below the entry Making the Workplace a Wellplace Seminar.
Simple changes have shown inspiring results;
- 20% increase in antioxidant levels
- 20% increase in energy levels
- Increase of vegetable and fruit consumption and a shift toward organic consumption.
- Water consumption doubled for most participants with some increasing water consumption by 10 times.
- 47% participants doubled their vegetation consumption.
- 96% of the group felt the changes were sustainable.
- 1 participant lost 4-5 kg and another lost 10kg.
- 100% of respondents felt their investment in the program was worthwhile and would recommend the changes they’ve made to others.
- 98% of respondents said they would like more sessions on health & wellbeing.
Anecdotal comments about changes they experienced themselves;
- “Better skin – less bags under my eyes, not so tired.”
- “Skin brighter, feeling energized”
- “Better mental attitude to exercise.”
- “Less cravings.”
- “Much better sleep.”
For the full report email Jess at [email protected]
The findings are quite exciting for a short length of time of the program and extremely encouraging as to the power simple shifts can make.