Entrée for 6 or main for 4
– 1 onion, peeled and diced
– 2 minced garlic cloves
– 1 finely chopped birds eye chilli
– 1 cup bio dynamic medium grain brown rice
– 2 carrots, peeled, diced and roasted in a hot oven in 3 Tbsp first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil until caramelised.
– 400 gm pumpkin peeled, diced and roasted in a hot oven in 3 Tbsp first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil until caramelised.
– 1 cup carrot juice
– 2 cobs sweetcorn
– 3 Tbsp first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
– 2 cups vegetable stock
– Fresh thyme
– Grated Grana Pandano parmesan cheese, optional
Sauté onion in olive oil until soft, add garlic and sauté a further two minutes.
Add rice and sauté until the rice is hot, not browned but hot to touch.
Add stock and carrot juice, bring to a boil, season with sea salt and pepper and cover with a lid, reduce heat to lowest setting.
Cook with lid on for 45 minutes.
Strip corn cob of kernels, carrot and pumpkin.
Add corn kernels and cook a further five minutes.
Add chives or thyme.
Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.