Entrée for 4
– 300 gms cooked pappedrelle pasta, al dente
– 20 mls extravirgin olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 500 gm broccoli, blanched, trimmed and broken into florets
– 200 mls veggie stock
– Fresh thyme
– Fresh continental parsley
– Spring onions
– Fresh ground sea salt and black pepper
– Fresh shaved or grated parmesan reggiano
Notes: Keep pasta warm after cooking. Pick herb leaves from stems, with the parsley, sometimes I blanch the leaves and then chop them roughly. Gently saute garlic and broccoli in olive oil until the garlic is softened and the asparagus has turned bright green.
Infuse oil and garlic with fresh herbs and then add your stock and season with salt & pepper. Toss in warm pasta and top with parmesan.
Ideas for expanding the recipe: Add chickpeas or du puy lentils for a textural contrast.